Injuries Caused By Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents can be incredibly serious – often fatal! Even the safest of drivers and riders face danger on the roads.
Motorcycle crash stats
- In 2015, 4,693 motorcyclists were killed in crashes in the U.S.
- Motorcyclist fatalities make up 13% of all motor vehicle crash deaths
- Deaths on motorcycles account for 27 times the number of deaths in cars
- 49% of motorcyclists fatalities occurred on weekends
- 91% of motorcyclists killed were men
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) estimates that about 9 people are killed and more than 1,000 are injured in crashes involving distracted drivers every day! Distracted drivers are an even serious threat to motorcyclists. Motorcycles are smaller than regular vehicles, meaning riders need more room and time to maneuver safely around road hazards. Drivers that text or engage in distracting behavior behind the wheel aren’t safely sharing the road with other roadway users – which can be disastrous.
Common injuries associated with motorcycle accidents
- Bone fractures
- Road rash
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord injury
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
- Loss of limbs
- Back injury
- Neck injury
Motorcyclists have the right to use the road and they have the right to recover compensation from negligence drivers that cause them harm. At The Clardy Law Firm, our team of Greenville, SC motorcycle accident attorneys are ready to fight for your rights and ensure you receive fair compensation. Call today to schedule a consultation!