Hiring a Social Security Disability Lawyer
Although disability isn’t a subject that’s pleasant, it’s one that needs thoughtful consideration. According to studies, there’s a 25 percent chance you’ll become disabled before you reach retirement. If this should occur to you, you’ll have a better chance of getting your case won by hiring a social security disability lawyer.
Advantages of Hiring a Social Security Disability Lawyer
A social security disability lawyer can be beneficial in several ways. For example, having this type of legal specialist can speed up what may otherwise be a long process, causing you to dip into your savings or retirement funds prematurely.
There’s also a better chance your application will be accepted. Social security attorneys can usually get your claim approved the first time around. When you have to go through an appeals process, it can take over a year. Also, your lawyer can collect the right medical evidence, proving that you suffer from the medical injuries that you claim to have.
Instead of charging an upfront fee, social security lawyers work on a contingency basis, meaning they are paid only if they win a client’s disability claim. Some cases last for years, but lawyers still don’t get paid until their cases are both over and won.
Choosing a Good Social Security Disability Lawyer
Interview at least three lawyers, asking pertinent questions.
- Don’t hire a general practitioner. Instead, be sure a lawyer you’re considering has specific training in disability law.
- Your lawyer should have membership with the National Organization of Social Security Claimants Representatives (NOSSCR). This is important because the NOSSCR gives ongoing training in disability law.
- Ask about whether or not an attorney is experienced in winning disability claims regarding your particular medical injuries.
Other Considerations and Warnings
- Be sure your lawyer agrees to see you before you have your hearing instead of just talking with you over the phone about your case. In other words, you need to have a face-to-face meeting with your lawyer.
- If a lawyer doesn’t take on cases in a federal court, don’t use him or her. You need an attorney who has handled federal court cases just in case there’s a need.
Don’t hesitate to call the Clardy Law Firm for any legal problems you may have. These trained legal specialists, serving the Greenville, South Carolina area, will fight for you, doing everything possible to win your case. Please contact us.