Do I Need A Workers Compensation Attorney For My Case?
Do you need a workers compensation attorney? The answer is likely yes if you:
- Suffered severe injury at work
- Were injured at work to the point where you’re unable to return to work
- Filed a workers comp claim that was denied
- Have an employer that denies that your injury is work-related
- Feel like your employer is threatening to fire you because of your work-related injury
- Were given an unfair settlement offer that doesn’t cover your lost wages and medical expenses
- Aren’t receiving the benefits promised to you through your employers workers compensation insurance
If you find yourself in any of the above situations or need help filing your workers comp claim, hiring a workers compensation attorney is probably something you should consider. Your workers compensation attorney will likely offer a free, no-obligation consultation to talk about your case with you and help you decide if they’re the right fit for you and your needs.
What are some other things to consider when thinking about hiring a workers compensation attorney?
Your workers compensation attorney can handle things for you so you can focus on healing and returning back to work
After your workplace injury the last thing you should be worried about is filing your workers compensation claim correctly or fighting with your employer or the insurance company about getting the benefits you deserve. Your number one priority should be to take care of yourself and your injuries so you can heal and recover. If you hire an experienced workers compensation attorney, your attorney will be able to handle your claim so you can focus on what’s more important.
Your workers compensation attorney will:
- Ensure all of the paperwork you need to get your claim approved is filled out and submitted correctly and on time
- Help communicate with the South Carolina Workers Compensation Commission, your employer, and the insurance company to get things done
- Help you collect medical records and evidence to support your workers comp claim
- Review the details of your claim to ensure your getting enough coverage for your medical bills
- Work to get your claim approved in the event that it is denied
A workers compensation attorney is experienced with the entire workers compensation process
If you’ve never gone through the steps to file a workers compensation, it can be a daunting and overwhelming process. You may not know exactly what to do or what to use to support your claim, which can result in your claim getting denied and causing you a lot of undue stress.
A workers compensation attorney typically has years of experience with helping injured workers and ensuring they get the compensation they need to recover. The workers comp lawyers at The Clardy Law firm are knowledgeable of all the workers compensation laws in South Carolina and how they apply to your individual claim. Our workers comp attorneys can walk you through each step of the process, including the appeal process if your claim is denied. We’ll be able to analyze and advise you on whether or not you’re being fairly compensated for your injuries. Once we come to that determination we’ll be able to work with the insurance company or the South Carolina Workers Compensation Commission to negotiate a better outcome for you.
A workers compensation attorney will help appeal a denied claim so the likelihood that it is more likely to get approved
When your workers comp claim is denied, it can complicate the already difficult process of trying to obtain benefits. The appeals process can be incredibly difficult to navigate alone. Going against the South Carolina Workers Compensation Commission can be especially daunting, as there are very strict deadlines to adhere to and certain evidence that needs to be provided. Your workers compensation attorney can work with you to collect the materials you need to present and will be able to ensure you get everything you need to accomplish done on time so your appeal is processed correctly and successfully.
If you’re having problems with your workers compensation claim, don’t hesitate to contact an experienced workers compensation attorney from The Clardy Law Firm. We have the resources and knowledge you need to have your claim approved so you can get the benefits you deserve so you can get back to what really matters – recovery.