What to Do Before Meeting With A Personal Injury Law Firm?
If you are looking to meet with a personal injury law firm, it can mean only one thing: you were injured and you want justice. If that is the case, then a personal injury lawyer is the quickest way to do that. However, if you want your case to be timely, the personal injury claim starts before even visiting a lawyer. Personal injury law firms will help you build your case, but you will want to make sure you have a case in the first place.
Before visiting your personal injury lawyer, make sure you have the following:
- Copies of the police report or accident report that detail what happened.
- Copies of your hospital, doctor, or therapy records that detail your injuries or various trauma.
- A record of current medical bills and an estimate of future medical expenses.
- Either copy of your current interactions with your insurance companies over this injury or a summary of how they have gone.
- A record of all important dates such as when the injury happened, any surgery dates, etc.
- A record of how this injury has affected your life both emotionally or physically. This includes any strain it has placed on your employment or relationships as well.
These are all things that you will be asked to provide after meeting with your personal injury lawyer, but by having them ready as soon as possible can greatly speed up the claims process.
If you are in the Greenville, South Carolina area and find yourself needing a skilled personal injury lawyer, contact the Clardy Law Firm today.